Middleton Advisors LLP ("we, us") are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients, those who contact us and users of our site.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) we (Middleton Advisors LLP) are the data controller, and our registered address is at 31 Hill Street, London W1J 5LS.
Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Tom Hudson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enquire about or use our services, or report a problem with our site. The information you give may include your name, address, email address, phone number, nationality and visa and financial information, including employment information. You may also give us the contact details of others to enable us to carry out certain checks. Please ensure that you have their permission before passing on such information to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); flats and products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call service numbers we may supply to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including, for example, buyers and sellers of property, surveyors, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to help us provide our services to you;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site, for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you, and may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- buyers and sellers of property, surveyors, sub-contractors and business associates for the conclusion and performance of contracts we enter into with them or you;
- Those whose details you supply to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Middleton Advisors LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where we store your personal data
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of certain partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.